Registered Agent Specifically for the State of Illinois
Illinois Annual Report – LLC Form 50.1 Line-by-Line Instructions
Illinois LLC Annual Report
This topic will address the following questions:
- When is my annual report due?
- When and how do I get the annual report?
- What does it cost to file the annual report?
- Is there a late fee or penalty if I don’t file on time?
- Do I need to provide supporting documentation with my annual report?
Illinois LLC Annual Report Instructions: LLC Form 50.1
The numbered items in the article below correspond to the numbered questions on the form. Unless indicated as optional, all questions must be completed.
These instructions are for the 50.1 form provided in the link above. The report you receive from your Illinois Registered Agent will have all fields pre-filled, all you need to do is review, sign, and send to the State with your payment. If anything has changed, cross out and enter the correct information. Keep in mind that you cannot change your agent information on the Annual report.
- Limited liability company name: this is the legal name of the company in its state of formation and/or on record with the Illinois Secretary of State. An assumed name is not the legal name of the company but is an alternate name established with the State to transact business.
Registered Agent: The name of your current registered agent.
Registered Office: Refers to the office of the registered agent which should not be confused with the principal office which is where the company books and records are located.
* The registered agent’s name and address cannot be changed on the annual report; this must be done by filing the LLC 1.36/1.37 form. The registered agent must remain exactly as it is indicated on the State’s database for the annual report.
2. State or Country of origin: This is your State of formation (domestic state); and
Date organized in or admitted to Illinois: This is your formation date in Illinois or the date the State of Illinois accepted your application for admission to transact business in Illinois (LLC 45.5 form).
3. Address of principal place of business: This is the physical address where the company’s books and records are maintained. (Do not place the registered agent address in this field).
4. Name and business addresses of managers and any member with the authority of the manager.
*Starting on January 1, 2020, all members or managers that are a corporation, LLC, or other entity who are not currently registered with the Secretary of State as a foreign or domestic entity, must submit a good standing certificate for each member or manager from those entities domestic State.
5. If the manager or member is an entity, then this is an attestation that their current existence is affirmed.
6. Notification that agent changes can only be made by filing form LLC 1.36 / 1.37 or by filing an amendment to the articles of organization or amending the application for admission to transact business.
7. The signature block should contain the member or manager’s signature, printed name, and title as member or manager. If the member or manager is a company, it will be signed by an officer of the corporation or authorized member/manager of the LLC which will include their title and the name of the company they are signing on behalf.
By Mail: The annual report should be submitted to the State of Illinois in the envelope provided with the report with the State of Illinois address showing through the window of the envelope.
On-Line: The State now accepts online filings for the LLC annual report. This is the most efficient way to file the report and there is no expedited fee. The report is accepted immediately and your company’s status will be upgraded upon filing to Good Standing. You will need your state file number to enter the annual report portal. The link to the annual report portal is https://apps.ilsos.gov/llcarpt/. You will need your Illinois State file number to enter the portal. This number is listed on the pre-printed report delivered to you by your Illinois Registered Agent.